Here are some ideas of what you can wear to your next maternity session. A lot of these items can been found on Amazon but I encourage you to look through Facebook Marketplace, Kijiji, Poshmark and Threadup for outfits that are similar, as they were probably only worn once or twice and it's so much better for this big beautiful world we live in to buy second hand. Another option is to check out dress rentals like Sugar Bump Gown Rentals and My sisters Boutique. I did a blog post on where to find eco friendly outfit options. You can check it out and get links to the mentioned businesses here.
Now take a look, dream, imagine and then let's get planning!
Also be sure to check out some tips and tricks at the bottom of this guide.
Tops & Sweaters
Skirts & Bottoms
Body Suits & Lingerie
Depending on the outfits you would like to wear.
Nude Strapless Bra
Nude Seamless Panties
Nipple Covers (if wearing something sheer)
Family Outfit Colour Palettes
A Few Tips & Ideas:
- Stay away from busy patterns and logos
- Bring a nude bra and panties so that we can be creative with our outfits and fabric draping (also good for implied nudity)
- Nipple covers are good if you want to wear something sheer but don't want your nipples visable
- You can choose to have a few different looks. Princess, Casual & Boudoir. Don't limit your creativity.
- Consider some ideas that aren't clothes (refer to ideas below)
- A jersey you love or your spouses button down shirt
- Try not to be too matchy matchy with everyones outfits. Instead choose a few colours that can repeat in different ways (burgundy shirt, burgundy sweater, little girl has on a floral print dress with burgundy accents, burgundy bowtie on a boy, then have another colour and some neutrals added in in the same way) When in doubt search Pinterest for family portrait outfits.
- If you're unsure what you want your session to look like search Pinterest or Google for maternity photoshoot outfits or ideas to get a better idea of what you like
- The sky is the limit! I could go on and on about all the different looks and out of the box ideas I have. So I encourage you to tell me any idea or theme, no matter how out there, you have in mind and I would love to help make it a reality!