Hello to those that have booked and those working up the courage to book (you can do it!),
Here is the client prep guide that I send out to my clients before their boudoir session. To anyone that has booked a session, Congrats! This will be a great experience and to those considering doing a boudoir photoshoot, do it. I promise you won't regret it and do it now, allow yourself to love your body just as it is. We are all beautiful!
Without further ado, here is my prep guide:
- Go through your outfits and be sure to bring the pieces that you LOVE. Feel free to bring more than you need. I will help you narrow it down.
A wardrobe reminder: if you do not want your nipples visible choose outfits that have full coverage in that area or you can purchase nipple covers.
I have some in the studio as well.
- Remove all the tags from your lingerie including the permanent ones.
- Consider some light stretching. Boudoir can be physical. Stretching can help your body prepare.
- Freshen your hair colour and trim the split ends.
- Treat yourself to a manicure-pedicure. Stay away from bright colours, neutrals look best.
- Shave, Wax or Sugar and moisturize!
- Stay away from artificial tanning products. They have a tendency of making you look akin to an oompa loompa on camera! (orange) Also be mindful of tan lines.
- Avoid alcohol and drink plenty of water on the days leading up to your shoot. This helps hydrate your skin. Plus it helps you feel great too!
- Also avoid overly salty meals.
- Pack your boudoir bag the night before.
- Packing list:
a nude bra and nude thong (optional but good for implied nudity and underwear are required for client closet outfits)
Favourite playlist (keep it upbeat)
- Take it easy. Shower, moisturize your skin, get plenty of sleep, and eat a healthy breakfast.
- Wear loose fitting clothes to your session to avoid unwanted lines and marks.
These are merely suggestions to help guide you to being prepared and feeling your best when you come in for your boudoir photography session.
So if you've booked a boudoir session hopefully these prep guide suggestions will help you to feel more confident and prepared for your upcoming photoshoot. And for those researching, hopefully getting a little insight will help you to take the leap and book a session!